Dark neck or also known as Acanthosis Nigricans is one of the common skin pigmentation disorders faced by most men and women. This kind of disorder is not contagious and harmless however this can knock down your confidence and self-esteem. If you have dark neck, people might think that you don’t know how to take good care of your skin. Also, it is very much embarrassing to flip your hair up knowing that your neck has a different color than your face and body. On the other hand, there is nothing to worry about because as mentioned, this is harmless and can still be treated even without the use of different whitening products. You can also prepare dark neck remedies at home. If you want to know How To Get Rid of Dark Skin on Neck than here are 15 DIY (Do-It-Yourself) home remedies for dark neck skin:
How To Get Rid of Dark Skin on Neck: 15 DIY Home Remedies
- Almond Scrub
– Almond is considered as a great source of Vitamin E that is also essential for improving the skin’s general health and it also works best in the lightening dark skin like your neck.
- To prepare the scrub, you need 5-8 almonds and grind them to create a thick paste.
- Next, add 1 teaspoon milk powder and honey, mix and then apply on the darkened neck skin.
- Leave the paste for 30 minutes, and then massage and rinse with water.
- Repeat the process for at least 3-4 times a week.
How To prepare:
- Oats Scrub
– Weight loss and oatmeal are very much related however oats are also effective when used for treating skin problems such as dark neck skin. Oats are also perfect for making dark complexion lighter.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of coarsely grounded oats and add 2 tablespoon freshly mashed tomatoes to create a thick paste.
- Apply the mixture on the neck and leave for 30 minutes.
- Scrub the mixture gently on your neck.
How To prepare:
- Walnut Scrub
– Crush 8-10 walnuts and pour 2 teaspoons of sour curd to make a dense paste. Rub the paste on the back and sides of your neck. Massage your neck for 10 minutes and leave for 30 minutes until the paste became dry. Rinse it with cold water and repeat the process for 2 weeks to get great results.
- Baking Soda
– Make thick mixture through adding 3 parts baking soda and 1 part water in your glass bowl. Stir and mix the elements properly and apply on your dark neck. Let the paste dry for 10 minutes and wash off with water. To effectively lighten your dark neck, repeat the process 3 times a day.
- Orange Peel
– Dry orange peel and grind them using a food processor to create a smooth powder. Combine 2 tablespoon of orange peel powder with 2-3 teaspoon whole milk and stir to form a heavy paste. Scrub the paste on the dark neck and allow it to dry for at least 30 minutes. Rinse it while massaging your neck. Repeat the process daily for two weeks.
- Aloe Vera
– Extract aloe vera gel out of the leaf. Apply the gel directly on your neck and massage it gently. Leave it for 20 minutes before washing it off. For fast results, apply aloe vera gel daily.
– Scrub your dark neck skin with cucumber juice or grated cucumber for 10 minutes. Rinse your neck with cold water or rose water. Aside from using cucumber juice or grated cucumber, you can also mix cucumber juice with lemon juice. Just make sure that both have the same amount and apply it on your neck through the use of cotton balls. Let it sit for 10 minutes and rinse with cold water.
- Lemon Juice
– You can apply lemon juice on your neck through the use of cotton balls. Dilute the lemon with water if you have sensitive skin. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash with cold water. You also need to make sure that you will not expose your neck to too much sunlight after the application of lemon juice. You can also mix lemon juice with rose water and apply before sleeping.
- Chickpea flour
– This element works best in removing skin patches in your neck. Take 2 teaspoon chickpea flour and mix with a pinch of turmeric. Add water and mix all the ingredients to create a thick paste. Scrub the paste on the dark spots and leave for 20 minutes. Massage it away with cold water.
– Apply potato juice or grated potato around your neck. Leave for 15 minutes and rinse with cold water. Also, you can potato and lemon juice together and apply on the affected area. Leave for 10-15 minutes and wash with cold water. Repeat the process daily to get positive results.
– This is one of the best cleansers since it contains lactic acid, which is responsible for making dark skin lighter. It also alleviates dry skin, moisturizes, exfoliates and makes skin smoother. Apply yogurt directly on your neck or you can mix it with lemon juice and then apply on the affected area. Leave it for 30 minutes before rinsing.
– You can rub your neck with fresh milk and give a gentle massage. You can also make milk cream-yogurt mask through mixing 3 teaspoon yogurt with fresh milk cream. Scrub your neck with the mixture and leave for few minutes. Rinse with water or use a mild soap to remove the mask.
- Rice starch
– This can visibly reduce dark spots and this is also the cheapest among the methods used. You can boil rice and strain it. You can use water to gently massage your neck and leave it for about 10 minutes and rinse off.
- Tomato and Honey mixture
– Prepare the mixture of tomato juice and honey. Apply the mixture to your neck and leave for 20 minutes before washing it off. Repeat this remedy daily to get fast and positive results.
– Mash 2 or 3 ripe strawberries; mix the strawberry pulp with 1 0r 2 tablespoon fat milk. Scrub the mixture on the discolored area and after few minutes remove the mask through the use of cotton balls dipped into cold water. Do the process every day, for a couple of weeks to see great results.
Do Try Our other Posts on Skin Care
11 Best Cream Based Foundations for 2016
15 Best Face Washes for Oily SkinHow to Grow Thicker Eyebrows Naturally at Home: 11 Ways
How To Get Rid Of Dull Skin: 25 Home Remedies
How to get Clear Glowing Skin Fast Naturally at Home: 21 Home Remedies
How to Stop Oily Skin Fast: 8 Reasons & 6 Ways