33 Health Benefits of Peanuts , Nutrition Facts & Side Effects
One of the most favorite snacks in the world is peanuts, most especially the boiled ones . To all peanut lovers, it is a good thing to know that eating them will not only satisfy their cravings but will also be beneficial to them in maintaining a healthy and fit body. They boost the body’s disease-fighting compounds by 4 times, one of the greatest health benefits of peanuts. They are a perfect diet food of all because they only contain just a little amount of saturated fat. But just like the old saying, anything that is too much is bad so eat peanuts moderately.
Peanuts Nutrition Facts
Peanuts are high in calories and fats but regular consumption has not found to be contributing to weight gain as they are very filling . if we come to peanuts nutrition value 1 cup ( 146gm) of peanuts contains 828 calories and 72 gm fat. It also contains 26mg sodium , 1029 mg Potassium, 24 gm Protein and 38 gram of protein.
Are Peanuts Good For You
Peanuts are very good for us as especially for our heart as they rival fruits as a great source of antioxidants and multiple studies have found that they reduce the risk of stroke. Eating Peanuts twice a week reduces the risk of colon cancer by 57% in women and by 28% in men as per studies. Peanuts are also good for preventing against gallstones and Alzheimer diseases
Health Benefits of Peanuts
- Increases Good Cholesterol:
Another that must be included in the list of benefits of peanuts is that it increases the good cholesterol in the body while lowering the bad cholesterol at the same time. It also prevents coronary diseases.
- Reduces Chances of Stroke:
The resveratrol, an antioxidant found in peanuts can reduce the chances of stroke by simply increasing the nitric oxide production.
- Great Source of Energy:
Peanuts contain minerals, vitamins, anti-oxidants and nutrients which make it a great source of energy.
- Reduce Risk of Stomach Cancer:
Peanuts have high concentrations of anti-oxidants like polyphenolic anti-oxidant and P-coumaric acid that have the ability to effectively reduce the risks of stomach cancer by simply reducing the carcinogenic nitrous-amines production.
- Prevents Alzheimer’s disease:
Another great benefit of peanuts is that they fight against nerves diseases, heart diseases, infections and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Good For Skin:
Peanuts protect the skin because the vitamin E contained in peanuts helps in effectively maintaining the integrity of the mucous membrane cells as well as skin.
- Reduce Gallstones Risk:
Peanuts can help you reduce the risks of the gallbladder or gallstones diseases for up to 25%.
- Reduces Colon Cancer:
You can reduce the chances or risks of colon cancer just by eating peanuts. It is considered as one of the best health benefits of peanuts.
- Promotes growth:
It promotes growth because it is a rich source of protein and the amino acids contained in peanuts also support the proper development of the body.
- Good in pregnancy:
Eating peanut is not only very beneficial in terms of fertility but as well as lowering the risks of the baby being born with a deficiency or serious neural tube defect up to 70% if they are eaten or taken before and during the mother’s early pregnancy.
- Fights Depression:
When you are depressed than just eat peanuts because they fight depression. Peanuts are rich in tryptophan which increases the release of serotonin levels because a low level of this chemical in the body leads to depression.
- Regulate Blood Sugar:
One of the benefits of peanuts that most people love about it is that they regulate blood sugar effectively because they contain manganese that helps in the absorption of calcium, carbohydrates and fats metabolism
- Those people who eat peanuts at least twice a week are found to be less susceptible to obesity than those people who don’t.
- Another health benefit of peanuts is that they are rich in different vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, pantothenic acid, Vitamin B9, and B complex.
- Peanuts have several minerals such as calcium, copper, manganese, potassium, zinc, iron, and selenium that play a very important role in several body functions.
- Peanuts are a rich source of fatty acids that is vital to the nerve cells in the brain, these cells help with mood swings and stress management.
- Peanuts prevent a wide variety of skin disorders such as fine lines, wrinkles, and dullness.
- Peanuts are rich in fiber that is essential for the elimination of wastes and toxins inside the body.
- Eating peanuts is an effective way to flush out those excess toxins in the body that causes the outside appearance of breakout, dullness and excessive oil on skin and hair.
- Along with the other benefits of peanuts, they are also rich in Vitamin E that protects the skin against the UV rays of the sun, skin damage sunburn as well as from the damage of oxidative stress.
- Peanuts have Vitamin C which is the best solution for combatting the signs of aging such as discoloration of the skin, wrinkles, and decreased the elasticity of the skin.
- If you want to have a better blood flow to the skin then just eat peanut because they are rich in magnesium which calms the muscles, nerve and blood vessels.
- Peanuts promote healthy skin because they are rich in Beta-carotene which is an anti-oxidant that is very vital for the skin’s health.
- Another great benefit of peanuts is that they are packed with omega 3 fatty acids that help the skin in several ways such as reducing the inflammation in our body, preventing skin eruptions and lower the risks of the development of cell skin cancer.
- Peanuts moisturize and hydrate the skin right from within which is very beneficial in treating white spots, as well as scaly and dry skin.
- You can treat skin problems such as skin rashes, rosacea, and pustules by simply eating peanuts.
- Peanuts can be used as an effective facial mask which clears away all the dirt on the face as well as impurities which promote a healthy looking skin.
- You can also maintain a healthy hair when you eat peanut because it has several hair-friendly nutrients such as omega 3 fatty acids that strengthen the hair follicles and scalp health which promote the growth of hair.
- One of the wonders and benefits of peanuts also is that they are an excellent source of an amino acid called arginine, which is very beneficial for treating baldness.
- Peanuts are rich in Vitamin E which prevents weak and brittle hair. When you have a proper level of Vitamin E then rest assured that your hair roots are receiving a rich supply of hair-healthy vitamins which only mean that you will have a strong and healthy hair.
- Peanuts are linked to allergies and other adverse effects such as aflatoxin poisoning when peanuts are contaminated with a toxic substance produced only by molds which are called aflatoxin.
- Peanuts is among the 8 major causes of allergies in USA requiring an identification on labels
- Peanuts are a source of phytic acid which reduces body’s ability to absorb zinc and iron this may lead to a deficiency of zinc and iron in case you eat a lot of peanuts
Peanuts Benefits for Skin
Peanuts Benefits for Hair
Are peanuts bad for you: Side Effects
Read More of our articles on useful ingredients:
21 Health Benefits of Cashews :Are cashews good for you
25 Chamomile Tea Benefits & Side Effects for Skin Sleep and Acne
15 Orange Juice Benefits & Uses for Health
21 Health Benefits of Lime Water & Lime: Is lime water good for you
27 Carrot Juice Benefits, Carrot Calories & Nutrition
17 Oolong Tea Benefits for Health,Skin and Hair
21 Unique Castor Oil Benefits
11 Unexpected Blueberry Health Benefits
21 Unexpected Health Benefits of Peaches
11 Amazing Health Benefits of Greek Yogurt